RaptorDB - The Key Value Store

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:22 AM
Edited Sep 9, 2016 at 3:23 AM
I really love what you did with the RaptorDB, so I ported it to PCL. It works with profile 158 and 259. Are you interested in this version?
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2016 at 5:32 AM
That would be nice, although you should probably take the latest sources from the doc version, since I haven't updated this version in a while.
Sep 10, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Hi mgholam,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. What is your first name?

OK does the doc version handle simple key storage
My keys are ints, id (3 ints) and strings ( no longer than 200 characters)
The values are objects serialized as protobuf and added as byte arrays

The port to pcl uses the mvvmcross framework to handle file IO using their file plugins with some extra functionality and log4net for logging. Actually for logging I built a singleton class that uses log4net. The singleton class checks for logging level so that debug statements don't impact performance. It might be more advisable to use metrolog.
Threading I removed not well supported in pcl although you could build an interface to support it. Also the bit manipulation had to be changed to use .net bit manipulation methods. Also arraylist and hashtable are not supported in pcl. Need to be replaced with list template and dictionary template respectively. The other one was sortedlist but I found a mono implementation that seems to work well.

We are in the middle of crunch time for a release but Nov or Dec I can do the port if that works. Sometime shortly after would you be able to review it and give me feedback?

Thanks
Lorick

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2016 at 6:19 AM
Curious what platforms are you using it on?

Mehdi
Sep 13, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Hi Mehdi, Thanks for your response. I am using it on iOS, Android, windows store, and WPF Mvvmcross supports more platforms than these: https://github.com/MvvmCross/MvvmCross/tree/4.0/MvvmCross It uses a plugin architecture so there is a plugin for each
platform for FILEIO These plugins with some small modifications and raptor db give me the solution I need for key value store. Already started looking at your code for the document store and love it. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this. Heading
off to Cuba for a week starting Wednesday I will be back in a week and will continue working on it part time when I get back. Lorick